Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Gym mirrors

I have decided that i dont like the gym mirrors very much. I have never been a fan of them but today i decided that i dislike them hugely. I was staggering around the gym today, feeling every muscle in my legs screaming at me - this being due to my over enthusiasm yesterday with my cardio schedule, stepper, 2km run, netball and followed up with the new RPM class, which by the way is a killer. My hip flexers are not liking me so much today!!!
But anyway back to the mirrors... I was feeling sorry for myself already and got on the eliptical for a session - i decided to take it somewhat easy as my body wouldnt take much more, still got up a sweat and worked at about 80% heart rate for the duration so not too bad. Staggered off that and went to do some crunches, i done some on the vertical machine where you bring your legs up towards your chest, as Jode was using the other incline bench for her crunches i decided to find the machine that assists you in doing crunches with a bit of weight on. All well and good until i walked past the mirror!!!!!. I know i have poor muscle control around my middle at the moment and can look like i have a bit of a "pouch" that carries around to just about my rear, but the mirrors made me look short and fat, not so good for the self esteem. So i huffed and puffed and got the crunches done. Trotted off home to go for my 2km run with CJ, only to get just down the road and roll my ankle - it still hurts a bit. Will rest it today and see how i go tomorrow.
Needless to day i was checking myself out in the mirror at home, and i dont think i am that terrible, i know i am not sensational but i have the ability to be self critical without destroying myself completely.
Enough grumbeling for today i think.

No comments: