Tuesday, May 29, 2007

the cardio queen

Just call me the cardio queen! I am loving my cardio at the moment, which is strange as in the past i have prefered my weights than the cardio, I think because here in Mildura there is a lot more variety in the cardio than what there was in Swan Hill, I dont know how i lasted so long there. (sorry all you swan hill people reading this).
Monday's i have RPM in the morning, a good solid hours ride, to the point where i think i sweat more than i drink in water.
Tuesday's I will be on the stepper for at least 30 minutes, usually after about 15 i start complaining, but i muscle through it. And then i go for a 2km run with a friends son who loves running. I will also play a game or 2 of netball and then try and get to the RPM class in the evening.
Wednesday's I will do some time on the eliptical around about 30 minutes or more, and then go for another 2km run.
Thursday's I will have a ride on the bike again for about 30 minutes, and go for a 2km run.
Friday's This is normally my treadmill day, so i do some time on that and then go for a further run with CJ.

My aim whilst running with CJ is that i can do the 2km in just under 11 minutes. Which is a pretty cracking speed, not too bad on a tready but different when you are running on the pavement. CJ loves running but as i said only 12 so his parents are not so keen on him running too much on his own. So i was happy to take up the challange, CJ will run 20km and think nothing of it and complain that it is not enough. So my 2km run each morning is probably not enough for him, but for me who has already been at the gym it is more than enough!!!. I am down to running the 2km in 14 minutes, and that is only stopping once to walk for about 20m (not long enough for my liking) but i have shaved it down from 19 minutes in a week. So I am a bit impressed with myself, i just need to work on my speed now and get the 11 minute mark, i dont think it will take that long really. Then i might add some sprints into it.

Well off to court - got to do some work for the day.

No comments: