Monday, August 20, 2007

My First Home











ok here is some pics of my new home!!!! I am so proud i cant stop smiling. It is just beautiful.... I "found" it about a week ago when i was over at Tim's parents house browsing through the local paper - there was an open day on Sunday - We looked through twice just to make sure, made 3 offers in the end - they accepted the 3rd. I am not much good at waiting even though I hardly had to wait at all, but it was just all the tooing and frowing that went on. It was listed for Auction on Saturday 18th but we wanted to beat the auction - which we did. We signed papers on the Friday afternoon shook everyones hand, and then found out how many people we owe slabs of beer to for making this happen so quick!!!! We drove to Melbourne Friday afternoon planning everything we would like to do to the house, very little cosmetically (we just love it) but just our own little personal touch, my girlfriend Jeanette has lovingly offered to come shopping with me and help me spend my money to "personalise" the house - got to love friends who love to spend your money LOL. You will notice the spa in the outdoor area - unfortunatley that does not come with the house - but it is on my new wish list of things that i want.
Settlement is on the 28th of September so that doesnt leave us much time to arrange things and give notice at the house we currently have and pack our stuff - thankfully it is not that far away distance wise, so we wont have to pack perfectly and will be able to move things room by room really - Tim's dad has decided to arrange himself so that he is home on the Friday we take possesion so he can help move, i am going to try and get the day off work so i can move stuff, and Tim is on leave so we should be good - there will be my parents to help as well, but they own their own cleaning business so they will be busy at the old house cleaning and making it look pretty. My aim is to have the house done by Friday so i can sleep in the new one Friday night - something i think is very achieveable, i have moved a house 250km in a day and unpacked, so a few blockes will be nothing!!!
I am so excited.
Bec
xox

2 comments:

Nat said...

Congratulations on your new home!
I am sure you will have a ball decor shopping :)

jodie said...

I love your new home. Congrats and all the best moving. Moving isn't so bad when you are moving into your 'own' home. Have fun decorating :)