Monday, June 11, 2007

very busy week

It feels like forever since i have posted on here, i think it has been over a week, but no matter. I have had a very full week, being in Melbourne for the first 3 days of the week and then in Bendigo for the rest. This unfortunately made eating and training difficult.... I packed all my gear ready to get to the gym whilst i was in Melb, but for some reason my cards didnt work and i was not able to use the facilities :( But i have sorted that out now and i will be able to get there, so i should get at least 1 weights session in and a few cardio's. Whilst i was away though i managed to co-ordinate myself a little bit and get some salad and meat (thanks Hilary), although Michelle has since pointed out that i was missing a few proteen portions and a few carbs, i will have to try and change that for the week ahead. I am looking forward to the training being over, i love being away in Melbourne, but i am also looking forward to setting into the proper routine of eating and training and getting fit.
I have almost finished packing my bag to go away, and i cant help but giggle at myself as i have thrown out some of the clothes i was wanting to take, and replaced it with food as i didnt have enough room for both - funny how priorites change sometimes...
A nice change also was that i lost .9 of a kg this week, not sure how, but i am pleased i managed to get some food and training in.... and i went trying on bridesmaid dresses, as i am going to be in my sisters wedding next year, i am most excited to announce that the size 10 that i tried on was too big in some places and will need to be taken in by a good inch :) YAY, My goal is to work hard over the next 4 weeks and see what i can achieve as we will need to order them in that time, i am hoping i might even be able to work towards getting the size 8.... might be wishful thinking but it has certainly given me a strong goal.
I crawled out of bed this morning and got off to the gym, to complete the first full session of my new plan, today was a circuit day, so a good all round body workout, and i tell ya what, my poor body was not liking it much at all. I really pushed myself, and i had Tim there to push and yell at me when i wanted to stop cos it hurt.... It was nice to have someone there counting for me (mainly because i was concentrating on form and breathing), but my legs and my arse and well just about everything was screaming at me by the end of the session to stop, I just managed to drag myself through the circuit twice. I selected a weight that was perhaps in my minds eye a little bit heavier that what i would be comfortable with, and forced myself to just keep going, i surprised myself and got through it all, even to the point where my legs were so fatigued and my chest muscles were also that i had the shakes with some exercises. I am now feeling every one of those muscles, to the point where stepping down off the curb is painful..... Cant wait to see what tomorrow will bring....
Well i think that is able it for this week, will try and post again at the end of the week when i am home from Melbourne again.

Til then
Bec
xox

1 comment:

Rachel said...

hehe -I soooo know that feeling! Enjoy your time away